Thursday, 21 November 2013



As soon as I read this remarkable story of strength and courage on Mail Online, I didn't think twice before sharing it with my readers, this is a story about courage and hope in its highest dose. Who knows, someone out there may be suffering from the same condition or knows someone who suffers from the same condition, may decide to reach out and help. Please read and share.
The world's heaviest woman has lost a staggering 600lbs in the five years since she shot to fame as the 'Half-Ton Killer'.
She made headlines in 2008 after being accused and then found not guilty of murdering her nephew with her own 1,000-pound body, and now Mayra Rosales, 32, has embarked on a grueling journey to save her own life by losing weight.
In TLC's upcoming special Half Ton Killer: Transformed, Mayra's astonishing story is being brought to light as she reveals how she has changed since the murder trial that rocked her life.

In a trailer for the episode, which airs on December 4, Mayra - who weighed a shocking 1,200lbs at her heaviest point - is wheeled out of her home after construction workers break a hole in the wall to get her out.
They haul her body onto a stretcher and into a U-Haul, since she is too big to fit into an ambulance. 'At this point, if things don't change, I'm going to die,' she says.
According to a press release, she has indeed managed to shed 'an astounding amount of weight' thanks to surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation and huge changes to her diet.
But with her new 400-pound body, she must learn to carry out normal activities she has never been exposed to, like grocery shopping and job hunting.
Last year, TLC aired a TV special about Mayra's murder trial and acquittal, in which she was accused of smothering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo to death by falling on him with her 1,000 body.
This upcoming episode will be a follow-up revealing how her life has changed since then.
Even though she confessed in 2008, Mayra was acquitted of her nephew's murder in 2011 after evidence concluded that the boy had multiple injuries to his skull that were not indicative of being smothered.

At the time, her lawyer Sergio Valdez told the court: 'It would have required her to have to swing her arm to strike the child on the head but she could never move her arm in that manner.'
Mayra then testified that she witnessed her sister Jaime using a brush to hit her son Eliseo repeatedly on his arms, legs and head.
'We were all trying to cover for my sister,’ she testified from her bed, to which she was confined because of her weight.
'There was abuse from her towards her son. She yelled at him. She kicked him. On that night Junior didn't want to eat and she got frustrated and she hit him on the head with a hairbrush.
'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her,' she concluded.
Jaime was found guilty of causing injury to a child, and is currently serving a 15-year sentence.
Today, Mayra has been given a second chance at life, and one of her goals is to become physically fit enough to be able to adopt and take care of her nieces and nephew.
While TLC appears to be keeping her present physical appearance a secret in order to add to the shock factor, Mayra looks visibly slimmer in recent photos posted on her Facebook.
In one, she strikes a confident and trimmed-down pose with her cousin in a low-cut dress, wearing green eye shadow, pink lipstick and a flawless manicure.
And the 32-year-old has also shared a number of selfies online, indicating an increased sense of self-esteem and openness about her appearance.

She tells the interviewer that she has undergone two surgeries, one on each side of her legs, and she is awaiting a gastric bypass surgery in the coming months.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life. And now, I do'
She has also been following a high-protein, low-carb diet, with plenty of steamed vegetables, sugar-free desserts and soups.
In the interview, Mayra says optimistically: 'I'm turning, sitting up, if I feel like going out I transfer to the wheelchair. I'm still in movement'.
So far, thanks to daily two-hour sessions at a physical rehabilitation center, she has been able to take 36 steps on her own with no support, but she is determined to go even further.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life,' she says. 'And now, I do.' Below is a current picture of Myra after she has lost a reasonable amount of weight

No comments:

Post a Comment